Thursday 1 March 2012

What?? HD art for iPad(1.2.3)?? Part 2

Here's a snippet of the new 'updated' Blobbit Push tile set for the Sand Sludge Bog area. Yes I know it looks like the old one, or does it?
Hang on why don't you compare yourself. Marvelous.
(fiddles with some files... uploads...that was so quick , I've not finished typing this yet).
Right then, here's a shot of the old one below.

As you can see in order to make it work on super mega high res screens as featured on the new iPad 3 I have had to vector up the original art so it renders nicely at these new HD screen sizes. Unfortunately there's no magic button so every piece of art has to be recreated again which isn't too bad as I can now go in and add lots of detail and extras I couldn't do before. That's good right?

You can read more about this process in an earlier post I did  back in *coughs* erm.. 2010..

I suppose we could have gone down the "pixel" route but in all honest I'm pretty sick of all these pixel games using graphics that back in the day would probably have been slated for being too simple. Funny how peoples perception of pixel art and proper HQ pixel art appear to be so widely separated.

Did I mention Blobbit is now on Facebook?  Blobbit the Facebook group

Toodle pip me dears... (until next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Hobeka shop to buy some cool stuff... Pixeltastic!!!!


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.