Tuesday 12 February 2013

Indie Royale Icons

Lettuce have a bit
I recently started working with the guys at Indie Royale, providing title art for each of their new games bundles.


My first piece of art was this rather hungry giant tortoise for their Evolved bundle.
The art style on the website had to be adhered to so my first job was to familiarise myself with the existing look and feel and create the new art in this style.

Penciltastic!
To give you an idea of how the initial sketch differs from the finished artwork here's the pencil sketch I did after I'd been given the design brief. I was later told it needed to be a giant tortoise, just as well as this one don't 'arf look a misery guts! 



As an after thought, the banner graphics for the website needed filling out so I also added some eggs too! The finished art also has a couple of babies hatching from the eggs, just to finish it off. As you do!!
For this job I used the most excellent MyPaint in conjunction with Gimp for the odd bit of cutting out and colourising.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit the Hobeka shop to buy some cool stuff... Pixeltastic!!!!


View more personalized gifts from Zazzle.